Updated August 17th, 2022
Changes to this Policy will become effective on the date they are posted on the Service. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and from time to time in our sole and absolute discretion without the duty to notify you. Changes, modifications, additions, or deletions will be effective immediately on their posting to the Service. You should check this Policy periodically as its terms may change from time to time without prior notice to you. Your continued use of the Service after we post any such modifications will constitute your acknowledgment of the modified policy and your agreement to abide and be bound by the modified policy. We will also revise the “updated” date found at the beginning of this Policy when we post changes to it.
This Policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond the Company’s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation. This Policy only applies to information collected through the Service. This Policy does not apply to any information we may collect from you in any place other than the Service.
California Use Only
The Site is controlled and operated by the Company from its offices in the State of California. The Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Service should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
No Use of the Site by Persons Under 21 Permitted
Notice Concerning Children
We are a mature audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. Do not supply to us or disclose on the Service any Personal Information of any person under 13 years of age, as we do not intend to collect information from anyone under 13 or invite them to participate in the Service.
YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 13, AS THE WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13.
Information Collection Practices
When you visit our Service we may collect information regarding your visit from your computer. Such information helps us to determine information about how you found our Service, the date that you visited our Service and search engines that may have led you to our Service. We collect this information in order to continually improve and enhance the functionality of the Service.
- What Basic Information Does the Company Collect? We may ask you for certain information referred to on the Service as “Personal Information,” which includes information that pertains to your identity. Such information may include, but is not limited to, items such as your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, state of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, financial data (which may include your credit card or debit card number), and other information which identifies you. If you choose to register with our Service and create a Member account, you may be required to provide Personal Information to access or use certain parts of our website or features of the Service. If you do not provide the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Service where such information is requested.
- What Additional Information Does Company Collect? Automatic Collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications, which allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on the Site other than cookies. Cookies help us to learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. Cookies are small text files that are stored on users’ hard drives, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. The Service uses both “session ID cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session ID cookies are used to store information while a user is logged into the site and expire when the user closes their browser. Persistent cookies are used to make tasks like logging into the site easier for returning users by remembering a user’s login information, and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies stay on a user’s hard drive from one session to the next. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. When you visit our Site, our computer may ask your computer for permission to employ the use of a session or persistent cookie. Our Site will then send a cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- IP Address and Click Stream Data. Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us. When you visit the Site we may also collect “click stream data” (server address, domain name). Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the website you visit after this Site; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral website; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. This information can be combined with information you have provided to us by registering, for example, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use click stream data for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of our website, to determine which features of our site are most or least effective or useful to you. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may aggregate user information in a non-personally identifiable manner to share with advertisers, to enhance the Service, or for general business purposes.
- Clear GIFs/Beacons/Pixels. When visiting our Site, we may also use “Clear GIFs” (aka “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies in our Site and/or in our communications with you. A Clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which helps us to verify an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message. Clear GIFs allow us to know whether you have viewed a web page prior to visiting our Website and may enable us to relate such information to other information, including your Personal Information. We use information provided from Clear GIFs to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make our Service better for our users.
Use of Your Information
- Personal Information. We may use your personal information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, and to follow up with transactions initiated on the Site. If you submit information to us through the Service, including registration and profile information, then we use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service. We will use your email address to complete the signup process. By providing your email address to us, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including among other things notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to Service features and special offers.
- Usage Information. Additionally, we share certain categories of information we collect from you in the ways described in this Policy. We may share demographic data with advertisers and other third parties only on an aggregate (i.e., non-personally-identifiable) basis. If you do not want us to share your contact data with any third parties, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below and expressly notify us of such request. Additionally, we may analyze visits to the Site and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in.
- Anonymous Information. We may use anonymous information to analyze the Site traffic, but we do not intend to examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
- Location-Based Services. We collect location-based information in order to provide the specific location-based services which you request. You understand that certain location-based services require a location to function properly and your use of our Application on your mobile device with such features enabled signifies your agreement to use your location for the purposes of the Service.
The Company will not share your email address with advertisers or unaffiliated third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
Disclosure of Personal Information. We may provide information, including personal information, to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or subcontractors, so such parties can, among other things (a) perform services and/or process such information on our behalf, (b) use the information to offer greater functionality and enhanced services through the Service and provide you with additional product and service opportunities, and © communicate these opportunities to you. When we do this, the recipients of your information are bound by the terms of this Policy.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company or its affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
We may share non-Personal Information (such as anonymous website and/or application use data) with third-parties to assist them in understanding our Service, including Users’ use of our Service and the services we provide and the success of advertisements and promotions.
We may share non-personally identifiable aggregated user data, such as aggregated gender, age, geographic, and usage data (without the inclusion of a user’s name or other identifying information) to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
We may share location-based information with third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes if you have allowed location-based services.
Do Not Track
California’s “Do Not Track” Notice. “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. The Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” settings. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.
The Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place to prevent accidental loss of your personal information and from unauthorized access, use alteration, or disclosure of the information that we obtain from you. Such measures include, but are not limited to, the utilization of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit sensitive information through the Service. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information.
While the Company strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Company will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised, in accordance with the notification procedures set forth in this Policy, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
In the event the breach involves your online account credentials, we will provide notification in electronic form and direct you to promptly change your password and security question, as applicable, or to take other appropriate steps to protect the online account as well as any other online accounts for which you use the same credentials or security question and answer. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you would prefer us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the alternative and/or additional contact information you would like us to use.
Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
Rights to Opt-In / Opt-out
You have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain of our uses of your Personal Information. For example, you may have the opportunity to elect whether you would like to receive correspondence from us and/or third-party service providers. Your personal information will not be shared with third party service providers unless consent is given by you. You will have the opportunity to opt out of our promotional e-mails by clicking the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail you receive. You can also request this by sending an e-mail to [email protected] specifying whether: (i) you would like to opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us in general, or just via e-mail, postal mail and/or by phone, and/or whether (ii) you would only like to opt out of certain of our e-newsletters or correspondence. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Rights to Access and Control Your Data
You can access or delete your personal data. You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared. We offer you settings within your Member account to control and manage the personal data we have about you. For personal data that we have about you, you can:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some or your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: you can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if the Company has no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of the personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You may contact us at [email protected] , and we will consider your requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Residents in Designated Countries may have additional rights under the laws of those countries.
Users from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
Information you have shared with others (e.g. comments, posted reviews, group posts) will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile, and we do not control the data that other Members copied out of our Service. Review content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source.
We have lawful bases to collect, use and share data about you. You have choices about the use of your data. We will only collect and process Personally Identifiable Information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Company services you have requested)) and our legitimate interests, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Company will seek to obtain your additional consent where required by applicable law. At any time, you can withdraw the consent you have provided by going to settings. You may, of course, decline to submit Personally Identifiable Information to the Service, in which case you may not be able to register, or Company may not be able to provide certain services to you.
You may access, update or correct your Personal Information by using your account settings to edit, delete, update, or change the Personal Information you have provided to this Site. You may also request that we correct, update, or remove your information from the current Site by contacting us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as S.B. 27, allows individual California resident customers who have provided their personal information to us in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use to request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Within thirty (30) days of receiving an express written request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted in ways other than those specified above.
If you have any questions about the Policy, our practices related to the Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database, please contact us at: Bear Extraction Attn: Website Administrator, 5550 West End Road, Suite 11, Arcata, California 95521
Purpose of Policy
Bear Extraction dba URSA Extracts, a California corporation (together with its affiliated companies, “Bear”) operates the internet site located at www.ursaextracts.com (the “Site”) in support of its ownership and operation of licensed cannabis facilities in various states in which such uses are permitted by local and state law. All cannabis products advertised on the Site are offered by Bear solely in locations where and under conditions in which such products may be legally sold.
Marijuana and Marijuana Product Disclaimer
Cannabis is a Schedule I Controlled Substance under the Controlled Substance Act (21 U.S.C. 802) (“CSA”) and the cultivation, distribution, and possession of marijuana is a crime under federal law. Keep all cannabis and cannabis-based products out of reach of children and animals. Intoxicating effects of cannabis and cannabis-based products may be delayed up to two (2) hours. Use of marijuana while pregnant or breastfeeding may be harmful. Consumption of cannabis and cannabis-based products impairs your ability to drive and operate machinery, please use extreme caution.
Assumption of Liability
You assume the risk of any-and-all damage or loss incurred as a result of your consumption of cannabis and cannabis-based products produced by Bear. Although the Site and employees of Bear may provide information regarding the cannabis and cannabis-based products for Bear products, including but not limited to potency, pharmacologically active ingredients, source of cultivation, recommended uses and benefits, and all other descriptions or information (collectively “Cannabis Information”), such Cannabis Information should in no way be construed as medical advice. All Cannabis Information is provided for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice under any circumstance. Always consult your primary care physician or other qualified healthcare provider prior to using marijuana or a marijuana product for treatment of a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or fail to seek it following receipt of Cannabis Information from the Site or a location where your use of cannabis is to treat a medical condition. Bear cannot guarantee the accuracy of any Cannabis Information provided on the Site. Do not rely on any Cannabis Information.